Here at Tolley Health Economics Ltd. we welcome interest from people that are pursuing a new employment challenge. We are always on the lookout for individuals with the right attributes and qualities to join our growing team. We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Systematic Reviewer to join our team!! We are also currently looking for an ambitious Senior Health Economist / Health Economist with a genuine passion for understanding and communicating the value of healthcare and an enthusiastic Junior Health Economist.
Due to our Company’s continued success, exciting opportunities have arisen to join our independent, UK Market Access, Health Economics Consultancy. Founded in 2008 by co-directors Keith Tolley and Amanda Strickson, we provide project services, strategic advice, and support on the HTA and health economic evidence needs for market access, pricing and reimbursement in the UK and other key European markets, and can advise on evidence-based market access strategies. We pride ourselves on having personal continuity with all our clients, offering a bespoke service that is tailor made to individual client’s requirements, ultimately providing excellent quality work. Our head office is based in the picturesque spa town of Buxton, Derbyshire with new offices opening soon in a Central Manchester location,
SENIOR SYSTEMATIC REVIEWER:
Tolley Health Economics are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic systematic reviewer with a keen interest in evidence based medicine to support, advise on and undertake systematic reviews.
You will be responsible for developing strategies designed to systematically search the literature and you will be required to support the production of independent systematic reviews, developing review protocols, designing search strategies, study selection, data extraction (fulfilling both client and statistical requirements), interpretation and communication of findings and technical report writing, both as standalone clinical review reports and within HTA documents.
The working environment would suit a someone who thrives in a busy and friendly small company atmosphere, with a strong interest in the use of health economic evaluation for decision making purposes. You will be responsible for a number of projects at any one time and lead the writing of the clinical systematic reviews, which can be used to support policy making and reimbursement decisions and HTA submissions (such as NICE, AWMSG or SMC in the UK).
Duties will include:
● Lead systematic reviews of clinical evidence, working closely with a medical writer/statistician, health economist
● Define research questions and objectives relevant to complex research problems in evidence synthesis
● Design and perform literature searches in key medical databases (e.g. MEDLINE, EMBASE, PubMed, Cochrane Library)
● Design and apply inclusion/exclusion criteria to screen studies identified by the literature searches
● Perform data extraction and produce qualitative summaries of the evidence base
● Contribute towards the development of high quality HTA submissions
● Lead projects, including systematic review of economic evidence, cost or utility studies
● Review and critique manufacturer submissions
● Write technical reports, HTA submissions and contribute towards publications
● Develop proposals and support the team in the securing of new projects
● Responsibilities include keeping up to date with new methods and best practice guidelines for conducting and reporting of systematic reviews
● Interest in publishing study results and/or presenting research methods/findings at conferences
● Work closely with the Statistics team to ensure the identified evidence base is transferrable and suitable for subsequent data analysis, including for indirect treatment comparisons
● Contribute to project management, including project planning tasks and liaising with clients
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required:
● You will have an undergraduate degree or equivalent (MSc is desirable) in life science, pharmacy, medicine, epidemiology, public health, medical/social sciences, health economics, library and information sciences, or similar discipline
● Minimum 3 years’ experience in health economics and outcomes research
● Knowledge and practical experience of all relevant aspects of the systematic review process
● Comprehensive knowledge of Endnote or RefMan
● Strong written and communication skills
● Ability to think strategically and logically
● Attention to detail and ability to problem-solve
● Excellent time management skills
● Willingness to work in a small company environment
Competitive salary and benefits package (including pension scheme, gym membership, generous holiday allowance)
SENIOR HEALTH ECONOMIST
Tolley Health Economics Ltd is now looking to expand its health economics and outcomes research team. We are seeking to appoint a Senior Health Economist with an HTA background and experience in health economic modelling to lead health economics projects Tolley Health Economics performs on behalf of pharmaceutical clients. These projects include the development of global economic models, early conceptual models, health economic modelling for UK HTA bodies (NICE, SMC, AWMSG, and NCPE) and HTA submissions, the preparation of briefing books for NICE early scientific advice, utility and cost studies, systematic reviews, strategic reviews of evidence requirements for pharmaceutical reimbursement, and health economics manuscripts/posters. Tolley Health Economics holds a contract with the Scottish Medicines Consortium to perform appraisals of economic submissions to the SMC, and so there is the opportunity to be involved in that work. The work is varied and could cover a range of disease areas and topics, and currently disease areas we are working in include cancer, gene therapy and rare diseases, psoriasis, and Crohn’s Disease.
Tolley Health Economics works with pharmaceutical companies to assist them in gaining market access of their products through lifecycle HTA planning and submissions and health economics evidence generation and advice. The co-Director Keith Tolley is also an economic assessor with The Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC) and has extensive experience of HTA. As a small company, we pride ourselves on having personnel continuity with our clients and offering a service that is tailor made to their needs. The ethos of the company is that of a small company with a focus on internal teamwork and harmony that builds strong relationships with clients. We have one internal health economist who the Senior Health Economist would line manage and provide guidance to, alongside liaison with other experienced external health economists that may be used to support projects.
The head office is in Buxton in Derbyshire with the Peak District on the doorstep, and Tolley Health Economics are setting up a Manchester based office for the health economics component of the company. The working environment would suit a health economist who likes a busy but friendly company atmosphere, is independent, and is interested in having a direct influence on company projects and company direction, with a strong interest in the use of health economic evaluation for decision making purposes.
- Develop global economic models or adapt existing models to ensure they are fit for purpose for HTA
- Develop early conceptual economic models and feasibility assessments to inform HTA strategies and data collection needs for HTA fit economic models
- Where necessary, working alongside a statistician responsible for performing indirect treatment comparisons to ensure the data is suitable for use in economic models
- Leading the economic sections of an HTA submission to UK bodies such as NICE, working closely with a medical writer, with the responsibility for development of a high quality HTA submission.
- Lead other projects, including systematic review of economic evidence, cost or utility studies, review company HTA submissions.
- Keep up to date with methods developments in health economic evaluation, and contribute to manuscripts, posters and conference presentations
- Assist companies to develop their health economic strategies to support the pricing and market access of new pharmaceuticals.
- Develop proposals for new projects, and work with Keith Tolley in business development to win new projects.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the internal health economist.
- You will ideally have a Masters level degree that has included Health Economics as a key component and ideally at least 2-3 years of industry experience of HTA submissions and Economic Modelling. However, consideration will be given to capable individuals with less direct health economics experience than this (job title to be agreed).
- Knowledge and practical application of all relevant methods of economic evaluation. Ability to develop cost-utility models with probabilistic analysis in Excel at least (other software knowledge an advantage, but not essential).
- Familiar with utility and Quality of Life Assessments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Willingness to work in a small company environment.
- Good project management skills, and a willingness to present at client teleconferences/meetings and present research findings at key conferences.
Circa £50,000 – £80,000 (depending on level of experience) + benefits. Please forward your CV with a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JUNIOR HEALTH ECONOMIST POSITION:
The working environment would suit an individual who thrives in a busy and friendly company atmosphere, with excellent numerical ability and critical thinking. The role will mainly include supporting in health economic model development, systematic literature reviews and health technology assessment (HTA) submissions. The projects are often diverse and may also include analysis of clinical trial data, market access and consultancy.
Required experience includes:
- Undergraduate degree in maths or economics
- Ongoing or completed Masters in relevant subject field (preferable not mandatory)
- Excellent numerical ability and critical thinking
- Experience of Excel (and VBA, preferable not mandatory)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Any relevant experience in health economics from within a consultancy, the pharmaceutical industry or relevant academic-consulting environment is preferable, not mandatory.
All positions offering a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidates. Your position will be varied and will offer you experiences and challenges in order to develop your skill set in a supportive environment.
We believe in rewarding high performance so successful candidates will be rewarded with a competitive salary, performance based bonuses, a pension scheme, a generous holiday entitlement and further qualification assistance if desired.
Working within our organisation would be an excellent opportunity to develop your career further as you will receive full support, training and guidance with career progression actively encouraged.
Please forward your CV with a covering letter outlining why you are interested in the role to email@example.com